How the US troops arrested Saddam
1. 10.50 hrs Sat 13 Dec 2003 local time in Iraq the US troops received information about Saddam from close person to Saddam. Information then verified and a plan set out to go there and close the area within few hours.
2. At 18.00 hr 600 US soldiers supported by Special Forces from ground and air and special secret force, joined the operation in Al Dor which is Aizat Al dori town.
3. At 20.00 hr the two suspected farms were surrounded and searched but they haven't found any thing. Before they leave the soldiers discovered the entrance to the hiding crawl space of Saddam near a hut in that farm. It was covered with rugs and dirt. Two other people arrested outside the site. They used picks to reach to the hiding site (the Spider hole). It is L shaped tunnel with 3.2 meters vertical and about 4 meters horizontal with a pipe and fan to provide air.
4. Saddam surrendered without resistance inside the (Rat Hole) that he covered its opening with dust and a stone.
5. They found a Kalashnikov rifle, a pistol, a Taxi, helicopter and a million Dollars. Also horses and donkeys may be used by Saddam for his movements. The hut consisted of 2 rooms, a bed room, rudimentary kitchen and scattered clothes indicates that he had been there only a short time.